Tuesday 1 June 2010

I haven’t got time...

I haven’t got time...
Where have we heard that? Each and every one of us must say that even a few times daily. So what is the score with the time? Why do some seem to have it while others do not? I have recently suggested to a typical businessman – a balding Americano-drinker in his forties – that he must struggle to find spare time. He laughed at me and replied, I strive to use every minute of my time to its fullest. After all, I am not getting
it back. I do not do long lie-ins or watching TV till late. I do many things concurrently, for example drink my coffee, read a newspaper or listen to audio-books while on the metro. You also must try and change your habits, he added. We all have dreams and plans we want to achieve, but often our bad habits take over our
resolutions. There is another thing people do not want to think about – our temporariness. If you remember that life is like a blink of an eye, you will not dare waste a second of it. It reminds me of what an Indian shaman said: May the awareness of death always be with you. When you need to do something really important, it will give you strength and courage.
Marlena Weber & Tomasz Dębski
more on:
http://www.2b.nepco.org.uk/assets/issues/2B45_.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment