Saturday 1 May 2010

Comfort Zone

Comfort Zone
Spring has arrived and along with the spring comes more energy. It pushes us to seek change and pursue our dreams. But sometimes, it is still difficult to take the next step in our lives, because our subconscious tells us that perhaps we are not good enough, that maybe we should wait. We have this attitude because we are scared of change in life as sometimes this takes us out of our comfort zones. Change automatically puts people in a new and unknown situation, and this is what they are scared of, whether they realise it or not.
Instead we should fight these feelings, and we should step out of our comfort zones. Clint Eastwood once said, ‘every day do one thing that scares you; this will bring you closer to success.’ Tomasz and I would like to tell you a story: Once upon a time there were two seeds. One of them said, I want to be a beautiful tree. I want to come out of my shell, grow my roots and shoot up to the sun. The second seed replied, But I am scared of the soil, as it is hard and I might hurt myself, and if I do become a tree, then some children may come and break my branches. And so it was that one seed became a tree and the other remained a seed. But then one day a rooster came walking by to take a look at the beautiful tree. It turned its head, spotted a seed on the ground and swallowed it.
Marlena Weber & Tomasz Dębski
more on:
więcej na:
http://www.2b.nepco.org.uk/assets/issues/2B44.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment